About the FPN
In a world increasingly dominated by globalization and other forces, forestry strategic planning has become more complex than ever.
The Asia-Pacific Forestry Planning Network (FPN) is an informal knowledge network that aims to strengthen national economy-level forestry planning processes in the Asia-Pacific region, through experience exchange, capacity building and the provision of technical support. It is an initiative of the Asia-Pacific Network for Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation (APFNet).
The objectives of the FPN are:
- To enhance networking, knowledge exchange and communications among planners and policymakers in the Asia-Pacific region.
- To improve the availability and accessibility of information for strategic planners and policymakers.
- To strengthen the knowledge, capacity and ability of forestry planning institutions and individuals at the economy level.
The FPN’s activities cover the following areas:
- Regional network meetings
- Technical and policy support
- Information and knowledge development
For more information, please contact Ms. Anna Finke (AnnaFinke@APFNet.cn).